Ask an Expert
phone us on 1800 567 2216
9am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday (Eastern time)
King’s Bruton has enjoyed an excellent partnership with World Expeditions for many years. As part of our popular Gap Year Programme we rely exclusively on WE for the management of our fund raising expeditions each year. We have experienced nothing but professionalism, dependability and commitment to our ethos. At the locations of our expeditions we have found the local ground agents to be highly reliable and well respected in their communities. World Expeditions have delivered first rate experiences for our teams in North Africa and in the Sinai Peninsula and we look forward to many more years of effective partnership.
World Expeditions is committed to responsible travel and true sustainability. It was a commitment formed when the company was established, and today, in the face of a multitude of threats to the environment, our commitment is stronger than ever.
Over decades we have honed our responsible travel philosophy and the initiatives we have in the field are continually being assessed and improved to ensure that we minimise our impact and where possible leave behind a positive impression.
We are aligned with Leave No Trace, an international organisation that has set the global standard for outdoor ethics to ensure that our recreation in natural places is sustainable. Through targeted education, research and outreach, its mission is to ensure the long-term health of our natural world. In its simplest form, Leave No Trace is about making good decisions to protect the world we all enjoy. The 7 principles of Leave No Trace that World Expeditions subscribes to are:
- Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimise Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Your Hosts and Other Visitors
Visit Leave No Trace to learn more about the information within these seven principles:
- Leave No Trace - Australia
- Leave No Trace - New Zealand
- Leave No Trace - United Kingdom
- Leave No Trace - Canada
- Leave No Trace - USA
Our Responsible Tourism Policy commits us to Genuine sustainability in all aspects of our business planning and operations
- Specifically World Expeditions tour operations should be managed in a way where the natural and cultural values of the host region are undiminished in the long term. Where possible, World Expeditions engages in partnerships with local environmental groups and/or land managers to actively campaign for conservation or to promote environmental protection and/or rehabilitation.
- World Expeditions believes that travel should be as rewarding for the host community as it is for you the traveller. We aim to maximise the benefits of tourism for host communities. This includes training and employment of local staff, using local suppliers and assisting in the development of sustainable local businesses.
- We actively minimise the negative effects that tourism can have by ensuring that tourism does not divert resources away from local communities or drive up prices on local resources. World Expeditions provide opportunities for cultural exchange, where locals and visitors alike can share and learn from each other in an environment of mutual respect.
- We contribute to the welfare of the host community. This is epitomised in our COMMUNITY PROJECT TRAVEL program where we organise for our travellers to spend time in disadvantaged villages upgrading basic facilities such as health, education and water access. World Expeditions strives to educate our travellers about the destination and its local cultures as well as providing guidelines on appropriate behaviour to minimise impact.