Take an adventure holiday in CENTRAL ASIA with World Expeditions, one of the world’s leading travel companies.
Central Asia - Explore the Silk Route, Travel The Trans Siberian Railway
Central Asia consists of seven countries, all of which are landlocked. Five are of these are Soviet Union republics, including Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan and Tajikstan, whilst Afghanistan and Mongolia have kept their independence although both have been under Communist rule for a short period in history.
Majestic cities with beautiful palaces, mosques, minarets and medressas were erected over thousands of years. Many of them were ruined, but several withstood the conquerors and passing of time, and today stand as monuments, reflecting their former glory. The artistic delights found in Central Asia are comparable with the architectural masterpieces of Egypt, India, China and ancient Greece and Rome. World Expeditions offers adventure holidays in Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Krygyzstan.
The Trans Siberian Railway
The Trans Siberian train journey has captured the imagination of travellers for many decades. This superb itinerary combines the classic train route with stopovers at many exciting destinations enroute. Private transport and day walking tours are included in Beijing, Mongolia, Siberia, Moscow and St Petersburg. More on The Trans Siberian Rail Adventure
The Silk Route Adventure
The Silk Road conjures images of caravans carrying incredible wealth across the deserts and mountains - images of colourful bazaars, priceless jewels and richly woven carpets and fabrics; exotic perfumes and spices. Our timeless journeys allow us to explore many great and famous cities, monasteries, monuments, and treasures in Central Asia.
- Silk Road to Samarkand via Kashgar - Follow the ancient Silk Route from its source in Xian, China through an ever changing landscape to the fabled city of Samarkand, Uzbekistan
- Silk Road - Tashkent to Isfahan - Embark on a remarkable overland journey through Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan & Iran tracing the western section of the Silk Road
- Trans Asian Journey - A unique itinerary combining a journey along the silk route from Bukhara to Samarkand, with time in the majestic Russian cities of Moscow and St Petersburg
Central Asia – adventure holiday and day walking
Enjoy a comprehensive journey across Central Asia. We weave our way through the cultural highlights– including the famous museums of Tashkent, the Registan of Samarkand, the sprawling archaeological site of Merv, the magnificent Summer Palace of Bukhara, the ancient city of Khiva and the bustling markets in Bishkek- with an opportunity to appreciate the contrasting desert and mountain landscapes that characterise this fascinating region. While appreciating the entwined history and rich legacies of the Silk Road there are also opportunities to have a night at the opera or ballet, witness a Turkmen horse race, visit the colourful markets and handicraft centres or undertake a day walk near the shores of Issyk-Kul, savouring the many snow capped peaks of the Tian Shan Mountains. More Adventure Holidays in Central Asia .
Central Asia – Adventure trekking and Mountaineering
The Pamir Mountains are a rugged and remote wilderness of jagged ridges, alpine lakes and snow capped peaks that stretch and fold towards the Hindu Kush and the Karakoram.
- Peak Lenin Mountaineering - Situated on the Tajikistan - Kyrgyzstan border, Peak Lenin stands at an altitude of 7134m and is the second highest mountain in the Pamir mountain range. Join Simon Yates on this challenging mountaineering expedition.
- Pamirs Fann Mountains Adventure Trek - Combine a trek in the Pamirs with an adventure tour immersing yourself in the culture and mountains of Central Asia.