Everyone that has been on a trekking holiday knows: finding a comfortable, clean and relaxing place to stay at the end of a day’s trek is the ultimate reward. Luckily you can be sure of this on our treks that follow the trail in the Everest and Annapurna regions when we take you on an eco camping adventure.
Our eco campsites are a unique and sustainable approach to adventure travel combined with responsible tourism. We have set up a number of semi-permanent campsites so that you can enjoy eco camping with a minimal cost to the environment while at the same time contributing to the economic benefit of the nearby local communities.
This way we’ve made it possible to enjoy complete spacious tents, comfortable (real) beds, thick mattresses, composting toilets and basins. All camps have a dining room that uses eco-friendly heating and usually offer superb views over the Himalaya mountains, which you’ve probably travelled here for!
Watch the video about eco camping in Nepal
All campsites are exclusive to World Expeditions and offer a comfortable and truly unique experience for you when trekking with us in the Himalaya. Want to make sure of a stay in one of our eco campsites to benefit the communities? Here is an overview of some our Himalaya trekking holidays that include eco camping:
- Everest Base Camp & Kala Pattar: The classic trek through Sherpa villages to the base of Mount Everest and Kala Pattar
- Ama Dablam Base Camp Trek: The finest short trek in the region
- Everest Circuit & The Cho La: A spectacular traverse from Gokyo Lakes to Kala Pattar affording incredible views of Mount Everest
- Gokyo & The Renjo La: Join this spectacular high altitude trek to Gokyo Ri and beyond
- Everest Family Trek: A short trek in the Everest region suitable for families
- Everest High Passes: With 22 days and trekking into true wilderness, this is the most comprehensive trek in the Everest region
- Ultimate Annapurna Dhaulagiri: A remote trek into the heart of the Annapurna Mountains
- Trek Annapurna and Everest: Trek Nepal’s most famous trails on this short introduction to the Himalaya
- Nepal Family Adventure: A wonderful family adventure trekking beneath the Annapurna ranges combined with a wildlife safari at Chitwan
- Annapurna Machapuchare: A remote trek to the base of the sacred, fluted peak of Machapuchare
- Annapurna Chitwan: Combine an introductory Annapurna trek with a safari in Chitwan
For more information contact our teams of travel experts around the world.