Ask an Expert
free call 1300 720 000
9am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday
My 16 year old son and I have just finished the Cradle Mountains & Walls of Jerusalem walk and, while driving home, we were reflecting on why it was so rewarding and so much fun.
We expected spectacular scenery and plant life, and they were spectacular. We expected challenging terrain and weather, and they were challenging. We didn't expect such exceptional guides and that is why I am writing to you.
Tim is obviously a very experienced, capable and knowlegeable guide and I probably can't tell you anything you don't already know about him. He is a thorough professional. We always felt safe but challenged. I was impressed with his efforts in finding us interesting things to see and do in the Walls when the weather didn't allow us to visit the usual places. I also thought he handled the stop-over in Mole Creek due to flooding with a good combination of leadership and humour and it turned out to be a trip highlight!
So, the thing is, the environment we visited was every bit as spectacular, challenging and rewar ding as we had hoped for. What made this holiday exceptional was your wonderful guides.My son and I have thanked them, but we wanted to let you know as well.
We have compiled a list of web sites that we believe you would find useful when planning your next adventure, they include:
- VISA Information
- The Travel Doctor TMVC
- Passport Information
- Australian Embassies Worldwide
- Currency Converter XE.com
The following are some like minded people and organisations that World Expeditions is proud to collaborate and shares ideas with.
- World Nomads
- Wild Women on Top
- Australian Himalayan Foundation
- Fred Hollows Foundation
- Tim Macartney Snape Treks (Tim was one of the first 2 Australians to step foot on Mt Everest in 1984)
- Tim Cope - Tim guides treks in Mongolia for World Expeditions. Tim journeyed from Mongolia to Hungary by horseback and was embraced by the Nomadic people
- Brigitte Muir - Brigitte guidestreks in Nepal for World Expeditions. She was the first Australian woman to climb Everest and the first Australia male or female to climb the Seven Summits)
- Veterinary Science Foundation
- Free The Bears Fund Inc
- Mary Moody Culinary Tours
- Australian Geographic
- Paddy Pallin
- National Geographic Channel
- Australian Bush Heritage
- Richard I'Anson: Travel Photographer
- Soren Kruse Ledet: Travel Photographer
- Focus 10 Photography
- Peter Walton Adventure Travel Landscape Photography and Photo Safaris
- Encounter Travel - Solo traveller specialists
Here is a list of adventure travel directories that might prove useful