Ask an Expert
free call 1300 720 000
9am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday
This trip was a dream come true with adventure, excitement and beauty around each corner.
It was also everything I would come to expect from World Expeditions in every way...this is my third trip with World Expeditions and have heard from many others...word and mouth is your best advertisement.
Great Itinerary, A trip for the Adventure seeker, Great organization, Incredible Guides (Tony in Peru and Juan in Bolivia), Small groups as promised, Great and abundant food which also catered for my special needs, Good equipment and accommodation when needed, Good transfers, Reliability.
Our Office Efficiencies
World Expeditions is committed to reducing our carbon footprint as part of our part of our commitment to responsible travel and true sustainability. Responsible travel is not only a priority in the field but it’s central to how we operate within our 9 global offices. Here’s what we do to ensure we minimise the impact our offices have on the environment:
- 70% of our light fittings in 70% of our offices are low energy bulbs and 30% of our light fittings in the remaining 30% of our offices are regular energy bulbs.
- We switch off all office lighting after hours
- We use low energy flat screen computer processors
- We have programmed the ENERGY STAR setting in the ‘sleep’ modes on our office computers, printers and photocopiers
- We recycle printer cartridges
- We use environmentally friendly cleaning products
- We limit plastic bag usage in offices by providing environmentally friendly shopping bags to be used for office shopping
- We print our entire brochure range on paper approved by WWF Australia Forest and Trade Network or an equivalent standard in our overseas offices
- We have a paper-recycling program in place in our offices whereby employees have a ‘scrap paper’ box at their desk. 80% of our offices have a large recycling bin that is put out with the weekly recycling conducted by the local council
- We use recycled paper in all photocopiers and printers
- All computer printing settings are set to default to double-sided
- We strive to reduce the amount of paper used during the booking process by replacing paper documents with ‘soft copy’ travel documents
- We monitor our electricity use to ensure that we are aware of peaks in usage so that we can avoid the same peaks in the future
- We reduce our employees environmental impacts from air travel by using video-conferencing and telephones for meetings
- We offset the carbon produce by our employees air travel by purchasing Climate Friendly carbon credits
- We educate our employees about our energy saving initiatives
- We encourage our employees to walk or take public transport when travelling to and from work
- In line with our commitment to operate as a responsible travel business World Expeditions has signed The Wilderness Society's ‘Ethical Paper Pledge’ to purchase only ethical copy paper within our offices in order to protect our native forests. We urge your business to sign the Ethical Paper Pledge in support of forest protection ... www.ethicalpaper.com.au