Ask an Expert
free call 1300 720 000
9am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday
I had a very good time in France. The trip was well organized and the scenery beautiful, we travelled through some wonderfull villages and tasted some great wines. I would certainly consider arranging another trip through U-tracks and will suggest using you guys to any friends or colleagues that I can.
World Expeditions is committed to responsible travel and true sustainability. It was a commitment formed when the company was established, and today, in the face of a multitude of threats to the environment, our commitment is stronger than ever.
Over decades we have honed our responsible travel philosophy and the initiatives we have in the field are continually being assessed and improved to ensure that we minimise our impact and where possible leave behind a positive impression.
We are aligned with Leave No Trace, an international organisation that has set the global standard for outdoor ethics to ensure that our recreation in natural places is sustainable. Through targeted education, research and outreach, its mission is to ensure the long-term health of our natural world. In its simplest form, Leave No Trace is about making good decisions to protect the world we all enjoy. The principles of Leave No Trace that World Expeditions subscribes to are:
- Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimise Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Your Hosts and Other Visitors
- Respect for Cultural Values
- Acknowledgement of Customs
- Responsible use of Natural Resources
Visit Leave No Trace to learn more about the information within these seven principles:
- Leave No Trace - Australia
- Leave No Trace - New Zealand
- Leave No Trace - United Kingdom
- Leave No Trace - Canada
- Leave No Trace - USA
Our Responsible Travel policy commits us to genuine sustainability in all aspects of our business planning and operations, specifically:
- Our operations should be managed in a way where the natural and cultural values of the host region are undiminished in the long term. Where possible, World Expeditions engages in partnerships with local environmental groups and/or land managers to actively campaign for conservation or to promote environmental protection and/or rehabilitation.
- We believe that travel should be as rewarding for the host community as it is for you the traveller. We aim to maximise the benefits of tourism for host communities. This includes training and employment of local staff, using local suppliers and assisting in the development of sustainable local businesses.
- We actively minimise the negative effects that tourism can have by ensuring that tourism does not divert resources away from local communities or drive up prices on local resources.
- We provide opportunities for cultural exchange, where locals and visitors alike can share and learn from each other in an environment of mutual respect.
- We contribute to the welfare of the host community. This is epitomised in our COMMUNITY PROJECT TRAVEL program where we organise for our travellers to spend time in disadvantaged villages upgrading basic facilities such as health, education and water access.
- We strives to educate our travellers about the destination and its local cultures as well as providing guidelines on appropriate behaviour to minimise impact.