Ask an Expert
free call 1300 720 000
9am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday
...what a fabulous time I had on the Masai Mara Escarpment Trek. The open spaces of the Mara with animals everywhere was just stunning! I felt extremely privileged for the opportunity to trek across the escarpment and be in an area unfrequented by tourists...the best travel experience to date!
World Expeditions employs a number of guides to lead adventures in a variety of disciplines. In all our adventures, World Expeditions uses local staff where possible. Thus our Nepal treks are led by Nepali's, our Peru treks by Peruvians, Australian treks are run by Australians.
Where jobs do arise is leading some of our Mountaineering trips or guiding on Australian mainland or Tasmania. We are interested in applications from experienced professional guides.
If you have commercial wilderness guiding experience in any of these areas, we are happy to receive your application.
Our applications open for various areas as follows:
Mainland Australia - Applications open early January-mid March
Tasmania - Applications open early July-mid September
Overseas - Applications accepted year-round
When available, guide positions will be advertised on the following websites:
All enquiries or applications are sent to email@example.com
Asia Operations Coordinator
Working closely with the operations manager in our Sydney office we are seeking the expertise of an experienced industry professional to manage our suite of Asian continent adventures. This includes all destinations in South East Asia, China, Japan, Mongolia & Central Asia. You'll work with a team of four other destination coordinators and will be responsible for:
- Managing the suite of trips that sit under your regional responsibility
- Supporting sales staff with group and FIT arrangements in your region
- Liaising with ground operators in each area on itineraries, costs, quality controls, private groups and community projects
- Writing trip copy for inclusion in brochures/website
- Writing trip notes and pre departure information for each trip
- Assessing feedback from client questionnaires and responding to the same
- Trouble shooting
- Product comparisons
To be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Minimum of 3 years of travel industry experience
- Comprehensive & first hand travel experience in most of the regions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative
- Great communication, organisation and negotiation skills
- Ability to work across a range of IT platforms
If you have the skills and a genuine passion for Asia and active tourism, please forward your resume and your extensive first hand travel experience to: