Ask an Expert
free call 1300 720 000
9am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday
From the moment that l looked at your website, to the day l arrived home at Melbourne Airport, my passion for life has been ‘rejuvenated’ thanks to you all. Accommodation was again perfect for the type of holiday we were having. We were so well fed and looked after, even the beds were comfortable in each Hotel we stayed in!!
Congratulations for the amazing effort that you have all put in. Everything was so finely tuned, so that we could enjoy a wild and wonderful time in a foreign country.
World Expeditions is one of the world's leading adventure travel companies with nearly 40 years in the business and offices around the globe. With a staff of dedicated and passionate travellers, this is a perfect opportunity to mix business with pleasure!
RESERVATIONS CONSULTANT MELBOURNE
Working within a strong reservations team, this administrative role does not involve direct sales, but the servicing of customer and travel agent files trough the full reservations process and specify entails:
• Reservations of client files
• Servicing of travel agent files
• Reservation management of private groups
• Preparation of confirmation kits and final documents
• Supporting info night presenters as required
• Booking and ticketing flights
To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Travel industry background – Minimum 1-2 years, preferably with adventure travel specialisation
• First hand travel experience to some of World Expeditions destinations- such as Nepal, India, South America, Africa and Asia
• Excellent attention to detail
• Self sufficiency and enjoyment of working in a small office environment
• Ability to use initiative
• Excellent communication and organisation skills
• CRS qualification – Amadeus preferable
If you have the skills for this position and are an Australian citizen/resident, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
YOMADS MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
• A truly unique opportunity to take a new brand to the world
• Adventure Travel Industry targeting 20-30 demographic
• Full time
• Salary Package negotiable
Yomads Travel is a new division of parent company World Expeditions; one of the world’s leading adventure travel companies with over 30 years in the business and offices around the globe. Yomads Travel is a dedicated brand servicing the 20-30 year old demographic. Head office in Sydney, it operates as a complete on line business retailing to the target market globally through digital mediums.
Yomads Travel seeks a professional marketing and business development manager to take the brand to the international market. The main job responsibilities are varied and require a broad skill set as follows:
• Management of the global website – content and data
• Management of the global social media portals including Facebook, Twitter, Instigram and YouTube
• Creation of on line marketing campaigns, paid listings, retargeting, affiliate opportunities, competitions, advertising
• Communications to database including newsletters, posts, announcements and news
• On line sales – servicing and completion
• Development of offline marketing campaigns targeting broad brand awareness of Yomads and its products
• Management of client documentation including pre departure information
• Management of trip inventory
• Product training and ongoing liaison with all subordinate staff in New Zealand, Canada, UK, Netherlands and Switzerland.
To be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Complete understanding of the adventure travel industry
• Excellent product knowledge of the destinations and activities offered by Yomads Travel
• Be of the age demographic personally
• High competency of CMS and website functionality
• High competency of digital marketing
• High competency using social media platforms
• Self sufficiency and initiative
• Completing of a university level marketing degree
• Successful track record in selling travel
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong writing skills
• Thorough ability to engage image editing
• Ability to use initiative and strong business development skills
• Great communication and organisation skills
This position is an exciting opportunity to join the adventure travel industry so will have some conditions. If you have the skills and are passionate about adventure travel, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always on the lookout for talented and experienced guides.
If you have at least 2 years commercial wilderness guiding experience in any of the areas we work, we are happy to receive your application. If you are a Northern Territory, Western Australia, South Australia or Tasmanian Guide or a professional rafting or trekking guide who wants to lead exceptional expeditions with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility then please apply.
World Expeditions employs a number of guides to lead adventures in a variety of disciplines. In all our adventures, World Expeditions uses local staff where possible. Thus our Nepal treks are led by Nepali's, our Peru treks by Peruvians. Where jobs do arise is leading some of our Mountaineering trips. We are interested in applications from experienced professional guides in High Altitude Mountaineering.
If you have at least 2 years commercial wilderness guiding experience in any of these areas, we are happy to receive your application. Applications with less than this experience will not be considered.
For more information and applications, please contact: Chris Buykx, Domestic General Manager, World Expeditions, Level 5, 71 York St, SYDNEY NSW 2000, email@example.com or phone 0419 613 713 mobile. Applications close when suitable applicants found.