Ask an Expert
free call 1300 720 000
9am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday
The walk up Kilimanjaro was absolutely amazing – a real personal challenge. I was fortunate enough to make it to the top and I have to say, the view from the top has to be the best view I have ever experienced. From Kili the safari was really stunning...Everyone on the trip had a simply sensational time and it is a real credit to World Expeditions for the organisation.
World Expeditions is one of the world's leading adventure travel companies with nearly 40 years in the business and offices around the globe. With a staff of dedicated and passionate travellers, this is a perfect opportunity to mix business with pleasure!
We are always on the lookout for talented and experienced guides.
If you have at least 2 years commercial wilderness guiding experience in any of the areas we work, we are happy to receive your application. If you are a Northern Territory, Western Australia, South Australia or Tasmanian Guide or a professional rafting or trekking guide who wants to lead exceptional expeditions with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility then please apply.
World Expeditions employs a number of guides to lead adventures in a variety of disciplines. In all our adventures, World Expeditions uses local staff where possible. Thus our Nepal treks are led by Nepali's, our Peru treks by Peruvians. Where jobs do arise is leading some of our Mountaineering trips. We are interested in applications from experienced professional guides in High Altitude Mountaineering.
If you have at least 2 years commercial wilderness guiding experience in any of these areas, we are happy to receive your application. Applications with less than this experience will not be considered.
For more information and applications, please contact: Chris Buykx, Domestic General Manager, World Expeditions, Level 5, 71 York St, SYDNEY NSW 2000, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0419 613 713 mobile. Applications close when suitable applicants found.
PRODUCT MANAGER HIMALAYA
World Expeditions is one of the world’s leading adventure travel companies with 39 years in the business and offices around the globe. With a staff of dedicated and passionate travellers, this is a perfect opportunity to mix business with pleasure!
Working closely with the operations manager in our Sydney office we are seeking the expertise of an experienced industry professional to manage our suite of Himalayan adventures. This includes all trips in Nepal, Bhutan and the Indian Himalaya. You’ll work with a team of four other destination managers and will be responsible for (but not limited to):
* Managing the suite of trips that sit under your regional responsibility
* Supporting sales staff with group and FIT arrangements in your region
* Liaising with ground operators in each area on itineraries, costs, quality controls, private groups and community projects
* Writing trip copy for inclusion in brochures/website
* Writing trip notes and pre departure information for each trip
* Assessing feedback from client questionnaires and responding to the same
* Trouble shooting
* Product comparisons
To be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate the following competencies:
* Minimum of 2 years of travel industry experience
* Comprehensive & first hand travel experience in most of the regions
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to use initiative
* Great communication, organisation and negotiations skills
* Experience with advanced Excel software
* Some CMS experience desirable. Permission to work in Australia is a requirement for application.
If you have the skills for this position, please forward your resume and your extensive first hand travel experience to:
Level 5, 71 York Street,
Sydney, NSW, 2000.