Visas are required for passport holders from the following countries:
Details of obtaining visas are provided in your confirmation kit.
All other nationalities should check with your nearest embassy or consulate.
Travellers holding a single entry Kenyan visa can exit Kenya to Tanzania or Rwanda (and also Uganda or Burundi) and re-enter Kenya from those countries without the need to hold a multiple entry visa as long as the visa is still valid. Travellers are still required to have the appropriate visas for Tanzania, Rwanda (or Uganda and Burundi) if required. Please note: Travellers who go to countries other than Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi, will need to obtain a new visa to re-enter Kenya or should apply for a multiple entry visa in their home country prior to travel.
A visa is required and is issued prior to arrival (you will need to print this out and present it to an Immigration Official upon arrival). Visa applications can be made online at: http://www.ecitizen.go.ke/ <http://www.ecitizen.go.ke/>
From 1st September 2015 a Kenya Visa will no longer be attainable on arrival. All foreign visitors to Kenya must apply for their visas online, and this process could take a minimum of 7 business days. To apply for a visa to visit Kenya you must apply through the following Kenyan eVisa service website: http://www.ecitizen.go.ke/ <http://www.ecitizen.go.ke/>
You will be required to register as a visitor and then proceed to the Department of Immigration Services section. The eVisa application form caters for: Single entry visa or Transit Visa.
The visas will be processed and sent online to the applicants(s). The applicant(s) will then be required to print out the approved eVisa and present it to an Immigration officer at the first point of entry into Kenya.
Please note the following visa fees:
Single Entry Visa (SJV) valid for three months from date of issue – USD$50
Transit Visa (TV) valid for three days – USD$20
(Note - all eVisa applications attract a USD$1 service charge).
It is possible to apply for an East Africa Tourist Visa (EATV) which allows applicants wishing to travel to the East African Community (EAC) countries of Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda to obtain one visa to cover all three countries. The visa allows for multiple entry within the EAC region within the validity period of 90 days. The holder shall also be allowed to move out of the EAC region to other countries and return without having to pay for another visa. This will only be applicable in the period of 90 days. Applicants must apply for the visa through the Embassy of the country they will be entering first and will be obliged to enter only through that country. If entering first via Kenya, the East Africa Tourist Visa (which covers Kenya, Rwanda & Uganda) is available on application at the Kenya High Commission and costs USD$100/AUD$140.
INTRODUCTION OF e-VISA SERVICES
The Kenya High Commission wishes to inform that from 1st September 2015 a Kenya visa will no longer be available on arrival. From 1st July 2015, all visa applications to Kenya will be made online via: www.ecitizen.go.ke <http://www.ecitizen.go.ke> . Manual application will not be accepted for Single entry visa or Transit Visa; it only applies for an East Africa Tourist Visa. Applicants are advised to submit their visa applications and obtain approval before travelling. The email approval after the online visa application and payment will take minimum SEVEN business days. The procedure is as listed below.
A Kenya visa is required, and is NOT issued on arrival, you need to get this in your home country (takes a minimum of 7 business days). Visa applications are made online at http://www.ecitizen.go.ke/. Have your passport and itinerary details at hand when you apply (Note: Passport validity: minimum required 6 months from date of entry and at least 1 blank page.)
1. Click REGISTER on http://www.ecitizen.go.ke/ <http://www.ecitizen.go.ke/>
2. Once you have signed in as a visitor eCitizen at: http://www.ecitizen.go.ke/ <http://www.ecitizen.go.ke/> you will need to check your email account to verify and activate your account.
3. Next you will log in (http://www.ecitizen.go.ke/ <http://www.ecitizen.go.ke/> ) and select Department of Immigration services.
4. Upload a passport-size photo of yourself to proceed (maximum dimensions 500px by 500px).
5. Select Department of Immigration Services, then select Submit Application, next select Kenyan Visa.
6. Select the type of Visa and read the instructions carefully.
7. Fill in the application form. (Note - you will have to upload a copy of your itinerary and bio page of your passport)
8. Pay using Visa card, Mastercard or other debit cards in USD, Euros, GBP or SwissFrancs.
9. Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account.
10. The eVisa must be printed and a copy presented to the Immigration official at the port of entry upon arrival in Kenya.
Please print 2 copies of the eVisa. Bring both to Africa. Keep one with your passport and the other separately as a spare just in case. No eVisa, no entry. Guard it like a passport.
Please note that the visa processing fee is non-refundable and incomplete applications will be rejected. For further information please go to: http://www.immigration.go.ke